Live-rendering with the technology of today. Platforms include: Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Arduino, and pretty much anything that is still in mass production.
- All submissions must be original work that have not been previously released.
- Remote entries, those submitted by a group which has no representatives present at the event, are accepted and will be eligible for prizes. Prizes will be delivered by standard US or international mail if a valid mailing address has been provided.
- Submissions may be of any length, however only up to the first five minutes of the work will be screened during the event. The maximum supported display resolution is 1280x720. Standard VESA video modes are strongly encouraged.
- Submissions should not require any input beyond an initial loading/configuration screen. At any time during the execution of the demo, pressing the escape key (or equivalent control) must cause the program to terminate.
- Any content contained in a submission that is not the original work of the submission author(s) must have prior approval by its copyright owner. Submission of work to this competition affirms that all such approvals have been obtained.
- All submissions will be made available for unlimited public distribution by the organizers. Submission to this competition constitutes an agreement to such distribution.
- All submissions must adhere to the format requirements of the submission system. Please note that the maximum uncompressed program size is 128MB. Authors are strongly encouraged to review the submission system in advance of the competition deadline.
- Submissions may not access any networking interfaces, modify system files, or in any way interfere with the playback of future demos.
- Organizers reserve the right to reject submissions which contain unusually profane, disturbing, or shocking content.
- Organizers reserve the right to cancel, combine or split any categories for any reason.
- Organizers reserve the right to modify these rules at any time prior to the submission deadline.
- Any concerns not addressed by these rules are subject to decision by the organizers. All such decisions are final.
- Organizers will attempt, to the maximum extent practical, to screen all submissions on original hardware present in the on-site collection.
- Author(s), if present, may supply hardware on which to screen the submission. Almost all analog video standards as well as DVI/HDMI digital video are supported. Audio must be line-level analog mono or stereo.
- If playback on original hardware does not succeed, an attempt will be made using a default installation of the most common emulator for the submission platform. Authors are encouraged to provide known working emulator settings.
- Authors are strongly encouraged to provide a fallback video capture of the submission in the event that hardware and emulation playback are unsuccessful.
- Coordinate any special needs (additional libraries, special runtimes, etc.) with the organizers prior to the event. If unexpected circumstances arise, the organizers will not hesitate to fall back on the pre-rendered video.
- The following platforms are available for live playback (anything else must be emulated or be shown as a video):
- Android tablet (several OS versions)
- GamePark GP2X F100 original firmware
- Linux PC dual-core 2.8GHz Nvidia 2GB RAM running almost-latest Debian or Ubuntu (provide linux binary)
- Windows PC i7 3770K quad-core 3.5GHz, 2x ATI 7970 (cross-fired), 16GB RAM running Windows 7 x64 (provide windows binary)
Deadline for submissions is 2:30pm GMT-5 US Eastern Time on October 5, 2013.