Compos - Freestyle Audio
If sound is your game, then sound we shall play. Prerecorded audio compositions of all flavors are welcome in this category.
- Submissions must be in the form of a final "rendered" work, provided in a common audio format. Organizers may, but are not obligated to, contact the authors if the submitted work cannot be presented.
- All submissions must be original work that has not been previously released. A special exception is made for the ANSI/ASCII graphics competition (see compo-specific rules).
- Remote entries (submitted by a group which has no respresentatives present at the event) are accepted and will be eligible for prizes. Prizes will be delivered by standard US or international mail if a valid mailing address has been provided.
- Any content contained in a submission that is not the original work of the submission author(s) must have prior approval by its copyright owner. Submission of work to this competition affirms that all such approvals have been obtained.
- All submissions will be made available for unlimited public distribution by the organizers. Submission to this competition constitutes an agreement to such distribution.
- All submissions must adhere to the format requirements of the submission system, including required fields and maximum total submission size. Authors are strongly encouraged to review the submission system in advance of the competition deadline.
- Organizers reserve the right to reject submissions which contain unusually profane, disturbing, or shocking content.
- Organizers reserve the right to cancel, combine or split any categories for any reason.
- Organizers reserve the right to modify these rules at any time prior to the submission deadline.
- Any concerns not addressed by these rules are subject to decision by the organizers. All such decisions are final.
- Submissions may be of any length, however only up to the first three minutes of the work will be screened during the event. In the event of a large number of submissions, we reserve discretion to equally reduce this guaranteed time to no less than two minutes.
- We further reserve the right to apply an early fade out to submissions which appear to be highly repetitive.
- If the submission is a tracked/retro composition, and the original XM/IT/S3M file is supplied in addition to the rendered file, organizers will attempt to play this file using original player software or using Audacious modplug on Linux for greater authenticity. Please provide suggestions for the best playback means in your submission comments.
- Coordinate any special needs (additional libraries, special runtimes, etc.) with the organizers prior to the event.