Deadline for submissions is
Submissions may be uploaded using the compo management system.
Compos - Freestyle ASCII/ANSI
Pining for the days before all of this new-fangled raster graphics nonsense? Submit text-based ASCII or ANSI art to this category.
- Submissions must include a final "rendered" work, so please provide both the raw text and a rendered image in a common format. Organizers may, but are not oligated to, contact the authors if the submitted work cannot be presented.
- Recognizing the insane amount of work that goes into making these graphics and the better publicity they deserve, a special exception to the previously-released rule is made -- only artwork that has not previously been submitted to a demoparty or ANSI/ASCII graphics competition may be submitted. Work that has been otherwise previously released or published may be submitted. However, submission comments must include a list of all previous release venues and dates for each work, and the organizers will inform the voting audience who may decide how that affects their opinion.
- All submissions must be original work that has not been previously released. A special exception is made for the ANSI/ASCII graphics competition (see compo-specific rules).
- Remote entries (submitted by a group which has no respresentatives present at the event) are accepted and will be eligible for prizes. Prizes will be delivered by standard US or international mail if a valid mailing address has been provided.
- Any content contained in a submission that is not the original work of the submission author(s) must have prior approval by its copyright owner. Submission of work to this competition affirms that all such approvals have been obtained.
- All submissions will be made available for unlimited public distribution by the organizers. Submission to this competition constitutes an agreement to such distribution.
- All submissions must adhere to the format requirements of the submission system, including required fields and maximum total submission size. Authors are strongly encouraged to review the submission system in advance of the competition deadline.
- Organizers reserve the right to reject submissions which contain unusually profane, disturbing, or shocking content.
- Organizers reserve the right to cancel, combine or split any categories for any reason.
- Organizers reserve the right to modify these rules at any time prior to the submission deadline.
- Any concerns not addressed by these rules are subject to decision by the organizers. All such decisions are final.
- Submissions may be of any size and aspect ratio, but will be viewed on a screen with a maximum size of 1280x720 pixels with scaling or scrolling as necessary to display larger sized works (e.g. larger than 160x45 characters for an 8x16-pixel font). In the submission comments you are free to suggest a best manner of viewing, which may be followed at the organizers' discretion.
- Coordinate any special needs (additional libraries, special runtimes, etc.) with the organizers prior to the event.